QC Meets Again to Discuss 1¢ Road Tax VoteMarch 20th, 2013 by Joe Burgess
The Drew County Quorum Court called a special meeting, Tuesday night, to discuss the proposed continuation of the county’s one cent road tax, which will be set for July 9.
The main discussion topics were whether to designate a 75/25 or 80/20 split to be designated for the Quorum Court to be able to direct to shortfalls in other budget areas, would thee be a better chance of voter passage if it were divided into two questions, and should the proposed continuation should be for 4 or 6 years.
After an hour of discussion, they agreed on a 75/25 arrangement. The county roads will get 75% of he income. The quorum court will be able to designate the remaining 25% to any county department that has a financial shortfall.
The ballot will have one issue on it. The 75% and 25% questions will be one question’ not divided into two issues.
The tax, if passed, will last for six years.
Choose another article
Newer article: Happy Birthdays
Older article: Thieves Cut Power Poles with Ax, Steal Copper Wire – Update