Death of Monticello Man Being Investigated by Sheriff, State Police

February 16th, 2009 by

The death of Robert Ross, a 38 year old Monticello man, is being investigated by the Drew County Sheriff’s Dept. and the Arkansas State Police.

Ross died at the Bradley County Medical Cener in Warren, Saturday around noon, following possibly suspicious circumstances.

The body has been sent to the state crime lab for an autopsy, and a vehicle has been impounded, according to the sheriff’s dept.

Reports indicate that there may have  been an attempt to set fire to Ross’ vehicle, which was run in ditch in the Rock Springs area.  A rag had been stuck in the gas tank, which may have been an attempted arson.

Ross’ death may be from natural causes, but the investigation is being done to confirm that there was no foul play involved.

12 Responses to “Death of Monticello Man Being Investigated by Sheriff, State Police”

1. Pruitt says:

Oh, how I feel for his family! I went to school with Robert and he was always so nice…the class of ’88 will be praying for his loved ones.

2. Mandy says:

The Ross family will be remembered in my prayers!! The MHS Class of ’88 has lost another one of its members, and his family has lost a loved one. What a sad situation for all involved. May God bless you all.

3. jamie jo clark says:

My prayers are with you. I will truely miss that big bright smile he had!

4. Andy Briant says:

I am so sorry to hear this……….we have known Robert a long time. He was a very nice young man. We will be praying for his family.

5. keith says:

rob i am going to miss you brother

6. Ann Adams says:

I will miss Robert greatly, will miss that shy smile and hug when he would call me mom, We us to laugh about me being his other mother. It was an honor and I thank Bobbie and Leon for sharing Robert with me…
    Robert’s memory will live in my heart always….

7. NAN CARTER says:

We’ll sure keep the family in our prayers! I hate it when things like this happen! To be so young and just starting to enjoy life.. I hope they catch whoever did this.. but we know that God will make him pay for this!

8. Dona, Darrell & Tonya says:

Bobbie and Ricky,
    We are so sorry and saddened. Thank God for all our good memories, all those trips we took together, remember the canoe trip, the weekend on Lake Chicot, remember when the brakes went out going down the mountain. Those were good times. We love you.

9. JG says:

Rob,

May God’s hand always be on you and your family. The gang will miss you brother…and we’ll never forget you…

10. Anne Forrest says:

our prayers are with you and your family…

11. cobey h. says:

Rob,
    My dearest friend and brother the time we spent hanging out and watching racing and king of the hill, you WILL be missed.. You and Mr. Leon had a great impact on my life… I will so dearly miss you, Thank you for being there.. Love you my friend!!

12. MommaKirby says:

You will be Missed Robert Leon Ross! I’ll always remember the way you used to sit in the floor with Kris and play for hours with him when he was a little boy. I always laughed till I cried ever time you tried to take his toys by stuffing the legs of your jogging pants with them & I honestly think you were more excited then everyone else the day Brian and I found out we were having Leesa. Rest in Peace my Dear Dear Friend. Nikki my niece You the girls and Mrs Bobbie and Mr. Leon are all in our prayers. We love you and will be there to help in anyway we can. Just know you are not alone through this and that we Love you all.

The Kelly’s